Pages

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday 6 October 2013

Hidangan makan tengahari dari Korea

I am a foodie! Well who doesn't love food right?! Anything goes with me be it local delicacies (but not much of it ... the last time I had my fair share of roti canai was like a month ago), western, italian, Chinese,  Japanese n Korean food. I try to make it at home though because u know what's in it and that everything is Halal especially Japanese n Korean food.

Today I'd like to share a very simple yet tasty noodle dish from Korea - Kimchi Udon. I'm not sure if the taste is authentic enough but I sure enjoy this especially for lunch. I make my own kimchi (u can read it in my older posts). It's spicy, sourish and sweet that tantalizes your taste buds. Owhhh writing about it makes me drool ....

Here's the recipe :
1 bowl pre boiled udon
Enoki mushroom (or mixed mushrooms like oyster, shiitake, enogi)
Salmon - dice into bite size squares
Dried wakame
Soybean paste
Kimchi
Chili paste - if u like it spicier)

Prepare the udon (just like boiling pasta) if u don't have udon u can also use soba, wheat noodles or egg noodles. Whichever is to ur liking. Boil water and add in the kimchi stock (the liquid from fermented cabbage). Then add the soybean paste (I found a halal korean sauce at Jaya Grocer) or u can also use tauchu and ikan bilis stock. Let it boil

Add salmon (I don't have it in the fridge today so I had to make do with just enoki mushrooms.  If u have a variety of mushrooms just add it in. It gives the soup stock more flavour.  Then add th dried wakame followed by udon. Serve hot

Some info on fermented food - kimchi. It has high amino acids which is good for weight loss. And so is wakame which boosts up metabolism

No comments:

Post a Comment